Thank you for visiting duudly.com.
This privacy notice details how we collect and process your data through your use of this site.
By providing us with your data, you warrant that you are over 16.
duudly.com is the data controller, and we are responsible for your data (referred to as “we,” “us,” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Our full details are as follows:
Full name of legal entity: duudly.com
Email address: email@example.com
The information we hold about you must be accurate and up to date. Please let us know if your personal information changes at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE, AND ON WHAT GROUND DO WE PROCESS IT
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymized data. We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data includes any communication you send us through the contact form on our website, email, text, social media messaging, social media posting, or any other communication you send us. We process this data to communicate with you for record-keeping and the establishment, pursuance, or defense of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records, and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data includes purchases of goods and services, such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details, and card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you purchased and keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps to enter into such a contract at your request.
- User Data includes data about how you use our website, any online services, and any data you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back-ups of our website and/or databases, and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services, and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to administer our website and our business correctly.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyze your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you, and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests, which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and business, grow our business, and decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from our third parties and us and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions, such as competitions, prize draws, and free giveaways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests: to study how customers use our products/services, develop them, grow our business, and decide our marketing strategy.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data, and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely, to grow our business).
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law or under the terms of the contract between you and us, do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you ordered, but if we do, we will notify you then.
We will only use your data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this, please email us at email@example.com. If we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose, we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law. We do not carry out automated decision-making or any automated profiling.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment, and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
We may also receive data from publicly available sources such as the Companies House and the Electoral Register inside the EU.
4. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Our lawful ground for processing your data to send marketing communications is your consent or our legitimate interests (namely, to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However, you can still opt out of receiving our marketing emails anytime.
Before we share your data with any third party for marketing purposes, we will get your express consent. You can ask third parties or us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications, this opt-out does not apply to personal data from other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations, etc.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR DATA
We may have to share your data with the parties set out below:
- Other companies in our group provide services to us.
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers, including lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect your data’s security and treat it under the law. We only allow third parties to process your data for specified purposes and follow our instructions.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We share your data within our group of companies, which involves transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
We are subject to the General Data Protection Regulations provisions that protect your data. Where we transfer your data to third parties outside of the EEA, we will ensure that certain safeguards are in place to provide a similar degree of security for your data. As such:
- We may transfer your data to countries that the European Commission has approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place; or
- Where we use certain service providers established outside of the EEA, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented security measures to prevent your data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorization. We also allow access to your data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your data on our instructions and must keep it confidential.
9. WEBSITE COMMENTS
We will only retain your data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding the correct time to keep the data, we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, processing purposes, and if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes, the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial, and Transaction Data) for several years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your data for research or statistical purposes and use this information indefinitely without further notice.
When someone visits duudly.com, there may be an ability to submit comments on particular articles or pages. You can use aliases or information that completely hides your identity when submitting comments.
When a comment is submitted, your relevant details (name, email, website) are stored. These details are stored so we can display your comment to you and anyone viewing the comment sections on the site.
We do not verify the information entered, nor do we require verification.
10. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws, you have rights concerning your data, including the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, object to processing, portability of data, and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is unfounded, repetitive, or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This security measure ensures that personal data is not disclosed to anyone with no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information concerning your request to speed up our response.
We respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you.
Suppose you would like to change how we collect and use your data. In that case, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would be grateful if you contacted us first if you have a complaint so we can resolve it.
11. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking or enabling those links may allow third parties to collect or share your data. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.